Thursday, August 1, 2013

Oooh Hiiiii

Wow. It's been 5 months since I've last written and a lot has happened.

1st off: the girls are doing amazing. Both of them have graduated from speech therapy, and they are growing like weeds. One is short and curvy, the other tiny, long, and skinny. This should be fun as they get older. LOL. A starts kindergarten in two weeks, and J will stay at preschool.

We bought a bigger house in May. It is twice the size of our old house, has 3 bathrooms (praise God), and huge backyard. The kids have a sandbox, trampoline, play house, and tons of running space. It's a family home for sure.

Just after our 10 year wedding anniversary in June a miracle happened: we found out that we are pregnant. Yep. If you've followed this blog since it began your jaw is on the ground right now. Mine was too. Some of my closest friends cried when I told them. I did too. Because, after 4 years of trying to become parents that involved one ectopic pregnancy, two years of infertility despite treatment, one failed newborn adoption, one successful fos-adoption of two amazing little girls, and 18 months of figuring out how to be a parent, HERE. WE. ARE. I waiting a long time to write this, shoot, I actually made it 10 weeks without even telling all of my closest friends (some were mad to say the least). But, I did what felt right. As of today, I am 11 weeks pregnant. The baby, which apparently I can now officially call a "fetus" is the size of a fig. I am not even quite sure the size of a fig, but I know it's bigger than a prune, because the baby was as big as a prune last week.

I am so grateful and humbled by the way my life has twisted, turned, and got me here. It simply was meant to be in its own time. In Gods time I believe.

At some point soon I will post my entertaining pregnancy thoughts, symptoms, and random stories. I have some good ones I've been saving up.

For now.... grow baby grow....

No comments:

Post a Comment