Sunday, September 23, 2012

Time

I feel like I need/want to address some of the things in my life that have been effected by having two kids. Overnight.

One of the biggest is time.

I have no time for anything. Weeks slip through my fingers without notice from me or my new little family. A friend of mine got married yesterday, and I was actually IN her wedding. I've known this since June but I managed to do all of the following even with this kind of notice:
I ordered my dyeable shoes two weeks ago, they weren't even ready until last Tuesday.
I didn't try on my dress until three days before the wedding to make sure it fit. Ok two, it was two days.
I barely helped with any pre-wedding errands, I offered, sporatically, thank gosh she was a laid back bride.
How it would have been pre-mommyhood: I would have tried on my dress right after I got it home, and probably every couple weeks. I would have made sure I had a bra I could wear with it, with plenty of time to spare. The shoes would of been ordered after much consideration from many online sites. I would have been involved in the wedding prep.

Between working full time, the kids, my husband, and maintaining some type of clean house. There is time for little else. I barely get three work-out's per week, sometimes it's none, lets be honest.
I grocery shop after work before I pick up kids from day care. I don't read books anymore. I don't have those Saturday breakfasts followed by walks in the park and shopping with my friends. In fact, I don't got out with my friends much at all.

I knew it would be this way, but I feel bad. I feel like I'm torn between the girls, and being a good friend. I don't have time to call friends, or make dates with them. I mean, I could bring the kids cause they are pretty good out and about, but why should I subject friends to the kids on their relaxing day off? There is not etiquette or rule book for this, I've looked.

In time I'll find the balance, all moms do. But for now I feel more disorganized, rushed, stressed, and tired than I ever have before. Guess what though, I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment