Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

I have heard it said over and over again since I was a little girl, "thanksgiving is a time to give thanks." For the first time in a long time, I gave thanks from the bottom of my heart. I am so blessed, and I am aware, humbled, and grateful.

What I am thankful for:

My kids: #1. I am so thankful for our daughters. They are so special, and they have the most beautiful hearts.
My health (and my family's health): Health is some thing we take for granted. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. I am thankful that overall I take care of my body, I eat well, exercise (as much as I can), I don't smoke, I wear sunscreen....on and on and on.
My job: I love being a nurse. The job has turned me into an insightful, empathetic person. I cannot wait to get back to patient care in the next couple weeks.
My family: we have our moments, but overall, I love my family.
My friends: I have the best friends ever. They have dried my tears, and taken my words with a grain of salt when I was at my worst, they praise me for my accomplishments, and they laugh with me when I'm at my best. I hope I am as good to my friends as they are for me.
My marriage: My husband is my best friend. We have so much fun together, yet, he is my lover. Even after all these years.
My home: its quaint, but it's all we need. It's cozy, and relaxing.

We are warm, we are fed, we have clothes on our backs and extra money to go out to dinner.

Thankful doesn't even feel like an adequate word for the fullness and warmth that fills my heart. I pray, and give thanks to God every morning before my feet hit the floor, and every night before I go to bed.

I cannot wait for Christmas. We already have our tree up, and watching their faces as they looked over our collection of Christmas decorations was amazing. They have no idea what they're in for this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment