Friday, February 17, 2012

Approved.

Yes! The title of this post does mean that our homestudy has been approved!

Yesterday we had a small snafu with the map we drew of our house because we didn't include a "family meeting place" which shows where the fam would meet up if there was a fire or something. So our social worker called, told me she was sending it back to us via email, and we were to fix it and send it back to her....but that other than that our homestudy was pretty much approved.

Considering this is Friday of a holiday weekend, and our social worker doesn't have the most amazing track record of, well, being in her office, I figured we would hear back at the end of next week. BUT....I got the email today. She said our home study had been approved, and she has signed the final signature page. She then mails it to the main office, the administrator signs it, and bam...we're in child search.

I got off the phone, and ..... shocking, I balled my eyes out. I felt so much relief, and excitement. I mean, they are really going to find us our child, and we are going to be parents! It's going to happen. The excitement was similar to the day I found out I was pregnant. And, in a round about way I am. My heart is pregnant with the idea of our first child, and my love for them will grow there.

I called my closest friends and told them, texted a few more friends, and then took a sunny day walk. What an amazing Friday.

Tomorrow we take our water rescue class. It's required if we are going to let our kiddo swim, which we likely are since it gets more than 100 degrees here in the summer. Even if they're little, we'll wade around with them, and technically if we do that we have to have this class.

Other than that, we wait. But hopefully not for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment