Friday, December 6, 2013

29 weeks

Countdown to due date: 76 days.

Belly Button: Out

Wedding ring: Off (fingers too fat)

Work Clogs: stored away due to swollen feet.

Weight gain: sigh. 35 pounds. I'm just gonna be honest people.

Blood sugars: doing fine 90% of the time. I have given up bagels and cream cheese, and have switched up almost all my snacking to include a protein. I have to get the most bang for my buck. Until we bake sugar cookies and fudge, then I am screwed. I am starving all the time though. I just ate a leftover hamburger from last night (hubby bought me dinner cause he forgot I was going out with a friend) at 1030am. Don't judge.

Brain cells: minimal. I forget everything. It's honestly getting embarrassing. I was in the elevator leaving work after a crazy day yesterday and I stepped into it, and then stood there for a good minute. Then, I began to panic because it wasn't moving. Well, preggo brain, you need to select a floor. Yep, that. Actually. Happened.

Baby Name: I have decided we aren't going to decide until we see her. It's just too hard. It's too much pressure. We have a short list of possibles but will not choose until she's here….I don't think.

What else?

I have decided that I need to stop obsessively looking at baby gear on the internet. I have researched the crap out of everything, and have changed my registry a few times already. The baby will have what she needs I am sure, and more, knowing me.

I have the craziest labor dreams. I can't get her out, she gets stuck, my heart stops, on and on. I actually asked my Dr. this past week at my appointment if he thinks I can physically get her out. He looked at me like I was nuts. He was very sweet and reassuring. But, I still worry. Last night in my dream she was kicking me so hard that she kicked though my uterus and stomach and her leg was just sticking out, so she had to be delivered. She was fine, and she was beautiful. Dreams are so weird.

I do have to make one more trip to the lab because my platelets (sticky part of your blood that helps you not bleed to death) are a little low. Of course, I'm right on the line of concern, the "concern" mark is 120, mine were 116. So that will get re-checked before I deliver to make sure they don't fall more. Why do we care? If they get too low and I want an epidural I cannot have one. Also, I will have a lot more bleeding during and post delivery. What's the solution? Give me platelets, which I would be ok with if necessary. I guess thrombocytopenia (low platelets) can happen in pregnancy and just have to be monitored.

I think that's all for now. Family gets here in 5 days for an early Christmas, and I have a million things to do! Fun, fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment