Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Don't Drink and Clean up Bath Toys

It was Sunday night, and we'd had a great sunny day here. We had been playing outside, working in the yard, and washing cars. Something hits me when the sun comes out, and I feel giddy. But when the sun is shining I always want some country music playing loud on the stereo, and a cocktail in my hand...

My at home bar is not well stocked, I never remember to pick up alcohol and mixers when at the grocery store. This is probably because I've got two impatient kids in the cart yearning to go play. So, on this day, as we started to barbeque dinner, I assessed my options: vodka, wine, and an array of soda or juice. Hmmmm. Vodka and ginger ale sounded fantastic. I poured myself a double and drank away.

By the girls bathtime I was tipsy. I don't drink often so I've become a light weight. They bathed, and I sat and sipped the remainder of my beverage. What a great day.

When the girls got out of the tub, my 3 year-old had to pee. So she naturally tracked water all over the bathroom floor while walking her sopping wet self to the toilet. I came along later, dried them off, and while they got their jammies on I went on my nightly mission to fish the bath toys out of the tub. We have a Boon frog, which I absolutely love. If you have kids that take baths with toys you need one of these. It's a storage system that looks like a frog, and the storage "bin" comes off and acts as a scoop, so you can scoop up toys floating in water.

So full picture: tipsy mom, wet bathroom floor, bathtub full of water and toys. I grabbed my scoop and reached to get the toys.....of course you know what happened next: my ass fell in. Fully clothed, hit my leg, flipped over, and landed on my bootylicious (not fat, bootylicious) ass into the soapy toy filled bath water.

I called for my husband, cause I couldn't get up from the position I was in. He comes in, points, laughs, goes and gets the kids and the video camera and comes back to laugh some more. Finally he helped me out.

Don't drink and pick up bath toys. Your family will laugh at you, they will record it, and you will have a HUGE bruise on your right thigh. Seriously, my leg actually throbs right now due to this bruise.

Bath tub: 1, Mom: 0.

If you are interested in the Boon frog, here's a link: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2404626&prodFindSrc=search

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I have to apologize because I did totally laugh out loud when I read this. I'm sure my hubby would do exactly the same thing yours did! :o)

    The Boon Frog looks great! I'm going to have to get one of those!

    ReplyDelete